Forevermore: The Wedding Diary Edition (part 13)
The trivia addict in me had me thinking what could be the other significant events that happened on December 21. I am quite sure that aside from my wedding day, other events, whether powerful or tragic, also happened on the same date. So here’s a rundown on what else makes our wedding date a special date:
1. Hollywood stars Keifer Sutherland, Ray Romano, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jane Fonda were born on December 21.
2. Other significant figures born on December 21 were People’s Republic of China President Hu Jintao, musician Frank Zappa, American talk show host Phil Donahue, Rhode Island Colonist and America’s first Baptist Preacher Roger Williams, former Great Britain Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, and Tennis Player Chris Evert.
3. The Winter Soltsice, the day in every year that has the longest hours of night, happens on December 21;
4. In Philippine tragic history, the MV Doña Paz sank on this day;
5. The Disney classic “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” was first shown on this day 74 years ago;
6. Charlie Chaplin’s first silent-film comedy was released on this day 95 years ago;
7. The first crossword puzzle was published also on December 21 96 years ago;
8. The first ever game of basketball was played on this day in 1891;
9. Marie and Pierre Curie discovered radium on December 21, 1898;
10. The Pilgrims landed on the historic Plymouth Rock on December 21, 1620;
Well, so far for the trivia. Here are the other pictures from the pamamanhikan: